Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Memory


As the Christmas festivities begin here at the Keller's today with the arrival of the INDY contingent, Wes, Annie and the Girls and Aunt Mimi (Marianne) I am reminded of the times I spent with the Folks (Aunt Mary, Aunt Rose, Aunt Ida and Pat). The house on Milwaukee Street was always a warm and cozy place to be any time, but especially at Christmas. The tree was decorated with such care. The nativity was placed with much reverence.

And most of all there was music and singing. We'd all gather around the piano in the living room, Pat would play and we would sing carols. My favorite secular tune of all has been for some time, Christmas in Killarney. It's a light and lively tune that always reminds of the grand times we had as family there. And so every year, though tattered and warn it comes out again and is sung again, if by no one but me.

Memories are wonderful treasures we carry with us and often share with others. Today is the day I begin to gather some new treasures. We will celebrate the Birth of our Lord early here so that Ron and I can travel to visit the rest of the Clan in Georgia on Christmas Eve.

Much to my delight I will again, this year. be able to visit with all my children and grandchildren. That is a gift greater than any under the tree. So I will be away for a few days...

This is my heartfelt wish for everyone. That God bless you with the tender love only a father can give, the support and comfort of our brother, Jesus, whose birthday we celebrate, and the courage of the Holy Spirit to accept the challenges that will visit us as we journey to our eternal celebration. God Bless you all as I wish you all a Merry, Joyous Christmas!


*******
Reflection: "What good is it if Mary gave birth to the Son of God centuries ago, if I do not also give birth to the Son of God in my time and culture?"

*******
Thanks be to GOD!!

11 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! What wonderful memories to have! I wish you safe traveling. How wonderful to be with everybody for Christmas! God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reflection: "What good is it if Mary gave birth to the Son of God centuries ago, if I do not also give birth to the Son of God in my time and culture?"

    Amen! How very true.

    Peace, JOY & Merry Christmas to you & your family:)

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely blog..have a Blessed Christmas..

    ReplyDelete
  4. ..and a Merry and joyous Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou for sharing such warm memories.
    Merry Christmas to you and a Happy New Year.
    Suzyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grandmak:)

    MERRY CHRISTMAS to you & your family.

    God's abundant love to you & your family:)

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas, Cathy! Safe and happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very merry and blessed Christmas to you and your family!!
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the link! :-)
    Merry Christmas,

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember visiting with my grandparents when I was little and it was such a special time. I wonder what I'll be like - if ever I had grandkids.

    joy
    Your Love Coach
    The Goddess In You
    Norwich Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joy, I can tell you it will be grand!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.