Thursday, January 31, 2008

Ron's Continuing Saga...


Norman Rockwell

Ron leaves on his great adventure on Sunday to Tucson, AZ (Super Bowl Sunday is in Phoenix) for the Rock and Mineral Show. He's taking some of his specimens to see if he can successfully merchandise them (is that the right terminology?). At any rate, he's as excited as a kid in a candy store.

As a result he is flying out of INDY, so we trek north tomorrow evening after work. We'll see the kids and grandkids and send Grandpa off on his journey. I have to admit I'm excited for him, too. He'll get to visit friends and get to chat with people who share the same interests he has in his meteorites.

I'll be home again Sunday afternoon. Until then God Bless.

OH!!! Why the picture...Well, I thought to myself, this is the most snow I've seen this year and don't those kids look like they are having a grand time.
~~~~~~

Thanks be to God!

6 comments:

  1. Cathy,

    May God Bless Ron with safe travel. And may you enjoy your time with the grandchildren.

    The picture is great, makes me want to get a sled out and have a go of it myself.

    Note to self- you may not want quite yet- you did just get your cast off.
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a safe journey Cathy. GO PATS!

    Peace to you:)

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Norman Rockwell!

    Did say rock and mineral? I have a collection of crystals myself. I especially love amethyst and have a geode beside me in the bedroom to help with tummy aches and headaches.

    Have a good weekend, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all goes well for Ron - it's great he gets the chance to met others who share his geological passion.
    Have a great time with the grandchildren....never a dull moment I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a safe journey Cathy.
    BTW) You have been awarded!
    :0)
    Blessings
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Norman Rockwell is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.