Sunday, March 09, 2008

Dessert and More...

I thought of two things this morning when I was baking desert for after tonight's Bible Study . First, that this group of 12 dedicated people gather each week to share their thoughts and love of the Gospel. And in the center of the table is always dried fruit and nuts and lots of water (I'm not saying we are a verbose group, but it's not all salted nuts). Second, that the desserts invariably have fruit in them...thus, a gathering of fruits and nuts...

Any way, I am going to share with you tonight's "fruit desert" because it's easy and it is really good!!!

It's from a wonderful cookbook called Delightfully Southern Recipes by Lucy M. Clark.

Mandarin Orange Refrigerator Cake

1 Box Duncan Hines yellow butter cake mix 1 can Mandarin oranges, drained and chopped
4 eggs Icing (recipe follows)
1/2 cup Crisco oil

Combine eggs, oil and cake mix until moistened. Beat about 4 minutes on medium speed. Fold in Mandarin oranges. Bake in 3 layers at 350 degrees [according to box directions] until done .
(I bake it in a 9"x13" baking dish,)

ICING
1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple,
1 (12-ounce) carton Cool Whip, thawed well drained

Combine ingredients and ice cake layers, top and sides. Keep refrigerated.

Finally, I leave you with this bit of wisdom at the end of the page, "Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the harvest of love." God bless you all this and every day!!

*******
Thanks be to God!

1 comment:

  1. Ciao Kathy,
    thanks for passing by blog and leave a comment on my sister's jumper; I have no clue about where she's learned all the stuff she's doing now, and I think you'd better visit her blog, there's a link through mine, and ask her all the information you need.

    PS: the fruit dessert should be wonderful! even though I'm actually a chocoholick...

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.