Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Little Light Humor...

A friend sent this to me and I laughed out loud! Please enjoy Emily's contribution to today's A Bit of the Blarney! (Please feel free to substitute brunette, redhead, or gray hair for the coworker. )

Sick Leave

I urgently needed a few days off work, but I knew the Boss would not allow me to take leave. I thought that maybe if I acted 'Crazy' he would tell me to take a few days off. So, I hung upside-down from the ceiling and made funny noises. My co-worker (who's blonde) asked me what I was doing. I told her that I was pretending to be a light bulb, so that the Boss might think I was 'Crazy' and give me a few days off . A few minutes later the Boss came into the office and asked, 'What on earth are you doing?'

I told him I was a light bulb .

He said, 'You are clearly stressed out. Go home and recuperate for a couple of days.'

I jumped down and walked out of the office.

When my co-worker (the blonde) followed me, the Boss asked her,'And where do you think you're going?! '

She said, 'I'm going home too. I can't work in the dark .'

~~~~~~~

Thanks be to God!

5 comments:

  1. LOL!!!! That gave me a chuckle!! Thanks for sharing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happened by your blog via the dutchess. I saw your post and got a good laugh too. Of course I had to read it to my husband and anyone else that walked by and we all got a good laugh. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very good.
    I will be sharing that joke today.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.