Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Cherry Tree Carol (Trad.) - José Feliciano

This is an excerpt from The Blue Book. It relates to one of the legends that surround the season of Christmas.

A legend or a fable is a story that doesn't pretend to be historical, but teaches a lesson. The events surrounding the flight of the Holy Family to Egypt gave rise to many legends.


The Legend of the Cherry Tree


Mary and Joseph were traveling to Bethlehem for the census.

Along the way,they passes a cherry orchard. The ;pregnant Mary asked her Husband to pick some cherries for her but Joseph told her to have the child's father do it. Then the child in Mary's womb moved. He spoke and told it to lower a branch toward Mary.

As Joseph Watched the miracle,he was sorry for his harsh words.

~~~~~~
How often do I behave as Joseph in this story? This story can be a reminder for me daily as I move among God's people. I am called to service. I can offer a reply like Joseph's or I can offer assistance. I am not to rely on someone else's generosity. I am to offer my own, whatever that may be. Or like Joseph God will remind me and I too will be humbled and feel remorse at my neglect. Stories like this are true lessons of real charity, love!

*
~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~*~
=
~~~~~~
Thanks be to God!!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice, I really enjoyed this.. thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am guilty of this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice entry and how true. Wishing you a peaceful, healthy, happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.