Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Baking Wednesday...

There are two scrumptious recipes I am going to make today after I get home from work at noon...I've begun baking on Wednesday! I like to bake and so this is one day when I usually don't have any conflicts. Well, except for my visit with Sister Dorothy on the 1st Wednesday of each month about my travels on the "Road to Providence."

At any rate, here are two recipes I would like to share with you. The first comes from Father Schipp via my dear friend Karen. When he participates on a Cursillo team everyone anticipates this wonderful delight.



Picture by JustCallMeSassy

Peach Crunch Cake

PREHEAT Oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x11 dish with Pam. Pour in two regular cans of peach pie filling, covering the bottom of the dish. Coverthe peach pie filling with one box of yellow cake mix. Cut into slices 1 1/2 sticks of butter and place over top of cake mix, sprinkle with cinnamon.

Bake for 45 minutes and serve warm with ice cream. A perfect and easy desert.

~~*~~

The next comes from Cuisine Kathleen. The best Irish Soda Bread I've tasted and so easy to make!


Photobucket

Irish Soda Bread....Kathleen


4 C flour
1 t salt
4 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
3/4 C sugar
2 t caraway seed
1 C raisins
1 egg
1 t vanilla
2 C buttermilk
1/4 stick of soft butter

Sift dry ingredients. Mix in the seeds and raisins. Add buttermilk and vanilla and mix.

Add beaten eggs and soft butter, mix

Put into 2 greased loaf pans, or 1 10 in round. Slit the top with a knife.

Bake at 350 about 30 to 35 for loaf pans, 50 for round.
Brush with butter or milk 10 min before removing from oven.
Check center to see if done, do no over bake..

Photobucket

Kathleen say, "I make mine in a stand mixer, and it can be easily doubled. [And] [y]ou
can omit the seeds.."
+
~~+++~~
+



For friend new and old who are wonderful cooks and who are willing to share their secrets
I say, "Thanks be to God!"

10 comments:

  1. yum. The soda bread sounds great Kathy.

    I will have to make that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally making the soda bread this weekend.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. peach crunch cake sounds delish!

    I was going to ave a bread making day today but we my son got in the back of the car today and there was a mighty clang...i looked underneath the car and a spring had broken off!

    Fortunately the garage could fix it today, but it meant i have to move my baking day to tomorrow now, it's no problem really though, and my darling parents have helped me out yet again with the cost of the car repair. These things are sent to try us eh?

    Just fancy a slice of your soda bread with my cuppa now !

    ReplyDelete
  4. All are welcome. Come and enjoy! UMMM it is good warm slathered in butter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yummy, this looks sooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest GrandmaK,
    What lovely recipes! I am going to try that soda bread. I love dense cakes. And yes, curtain goes up at 7:00pm Saturday! A la prochaine! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bread is in the oven even as we speak! It smells oh so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the link Cathy!
    I hope your friends enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will be taking two loaves to INDY tomorrow to share with family! I am sooo excited!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.