Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Imagine My Surprise!

The Pieta
Basilica of Saint Anne de Beaupre
Quebec, Canada-2003



"Christ delivers us from death;
come let us give thanks, alleluia!
"

As I read my morning prayers this morning before Mass in the Magnificat the first words I read were "Christ delivers..."

My goodness, indeed he does deliver. Everyday he is delivering. But are we there to receive the delivery?

This delivery from death takes many forms. Ten years ago I was "dying" in my job. I had a very difficult employer. I, however, in my imminent wisdom was NOT going to allow her to defeat me. I kept this stance for 18 months. I was in a constant state of "alert" never quite knowing what each day would bring. One day I was the best nurse she had ever had or or the next day I would be reprimanded for something she considered I had done wrong. I lost 15 pounds, but I would not surrender to her.

I believe the Holy Spirit intervened, however. I found there was a position available in another clinic for a half-time nursing position. Did the math and found that taking a 50% cut in pay could be managed. I applied and was offered the position. This was only the 1st step in that Special Delivery, for I had only been at work there a shore two weeks when one of the nurses came to me as said she had found a position elsewhere, would I consider taking her position if it was offered to me. IMMEDIATELY I was immersed in a wash of serenity and giddiness that I cannot even begin to describe in words. When she left me I wept for joy! You see, without even asking Christ had delivered! He probably would have delivered sooner if I had just swallowed that silly pride I had, but I suspect this is where has wanted me all the time.

He is a God of Providence. A God who delivers! I have been in this position now for 10 years. As in any place of employment there are ups and downs, but there is no other place I would rather be.

From my death through pride he brought me to life in a place where I could be of value to others without fear of reprisal or self-doubt.
~~~~~

How has Christ delivered for you?

~~^j^~~

Thanks be to God
and
Christ who delivers!!!


6 comments:

  1. Amen!! Isn't it just so amazing what he can do when we simply let him do for us.. it's that letting go that we have such a struggle with (or I do anyways:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say hello and that I have missed you. It seems like life gets so busy. I just wanted you to know that I was thinking of you.

    Blessed be God forever!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy,
    Beautiful!
    I knew I would always get a nice reflection here. :-) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are too many times that God has delivered me to name them all. You're right though, that pride sure gets in the way.

    How nice for you to have a job where you can be sure God wants you there. That's how Motherhood is for me!

    Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look back to my wilderness days, when I didn't know Him, yet He knew me. I can't tell you how many times He delivered me from the snares of death. Praise Him for His goodness and mercy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL story, Cathy! What a coincidence that I wrote (witnessed) about prayers answered (delivery) today! As Christians, we live the most wonderful lives of the most precious and abiding LOVE. I wish everyone could be so happy.

    Hugs and blessings,
    Abbey

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.