Sunday, June 28, 2009

Friendly Accolades

In the last week I have been privileged to be awarded distinguieshed awards. I will continue with the award that Abbey at Abbey's Road extended to me.

"This is how the award works: This award is bestowed on to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

The award also asks that I tell 7 "random" things about myself. There probably isn't much I haven't already said about myself but I will do my best.

They are:

!) I dislike summer in IN. It's HOT and HUMID. Having been born and raised in CO where the altitude is high and the air is dry, this is AWFUL! (It was 59 in Denver this early a.m. It was 72 here!)

2) I like the music of CCR, the Beach Boys, Jim Croche, Benny Goodman, Frank Sinatra, and Billy Joel.

3) My favorite old movies are mysteries like Charlie Chan, Sherlock Holmes and the Thin Man. (Kellie, my grand daughter has spent enough time with me that she likes to watch them too.)

3) My favorite television show is on PBS. It's Mystery and this next few weeks they are airing newly produced Agatha Christi movies.

4) My youngest son will be married in December, 2009. And my 10th grandchild will be born in October, 2009.

5) 41 years ago in July Ron I were married and our honeymoon was overnight in Aspen. Wish we could go back again, but in 1969 none of the celebrities had found it yet and is was much less expensive to stay there.

6) Seeing the Grand Canyon was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. If you don't believe in God before you visit there, surely you will find Him while you are there.

7) This year on our numerous travels we hope to have visited everyone in the family including our brothers and sisters as well as all the kids. Thanks be to God!!!!

To those who have who touch my life nearly daily I offer this award:

1) Marcy at Blessing Each Day

2) Bernie at On My Own

3) Sue at In Him We Live and Move and Have Our Being

4) Cathy at From the Field of Blue Children

5) Sue at Made for Joy

6) Angie at Sonflower

7) Kim at Falling On His Grace

8) Laura at Catholic Teacher's Musings

~~~^j^~~~

Thanks be to God!

13 comments:

  1. Kathy, thank you so much for this award. What a lovely surprise!

    I'll be delighted to pass on your kindness to some other blogs I've come to love! I hope it will bring a smile to their faces, just as it has to mine!

    In His love,

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm honored. Thank you, Cathy. Congrats on the upcoming celebrations, too! :) ~Suz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My four year old son and eight year old and ten year old daughters LOVE the Thin Man movies.
    I love the wit and goofieness.
    Weare fans of old musicals, too!
    Pax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!
    And I heartily agree with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for coming over to share tea with me this morning, Cathy! :¬)
    Mrs.P xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely surprise...thank you very much, Cathy, will have even more fun passing it on!

    blessings and hugs,

    marcy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww geez....thanks, Cathy! I have made so many "cyber friends" through my blog - I'm so happy to have you as one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cathy thank you for the award and congratulations on yours. Have a great day my friend....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cathy who is Father Francis, don't really care for his joke...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. My apologies all...I don't know who Father Frances is and i am certainly embarrassed by his comment! Will have to monitor my comments! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cathy, I think Father Frances hacked into your blog. I only noticed his comment as I was leaving your blog and thought I should mention it to you in case you hadn't seen it. I knew he wasn't one of your blogger friends.
    Hope you don't mind my addressing it my friend.....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Certainly don't mind if you brought it to my attention, Bernie! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it, love it! Esp your musical taste ... I think you were meant to be my "soul" sister in more ways than one. I have visited Colorado on family vacations and fell in love with it ... I know I would love living there, too. God bless you, dear friend.

    Abbey

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.