Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Gold Fever Part I

This last weekend we spent Father's Day in North Carolina with David, Kelly, The Boys and Maddie. I cannot tell you how much fun it was for us. It was a weekend full of fun and surprises. The first surprise came Saturday morning when David announced we were going to Reed's Gold mind. Ron's eyes lit up and his ears turned red.

Background: Ron is a '49er! Born too to late but a '49er non-the-less. He has dredged for gold in Colorado instead of attending classes at Colorado School of Mines. He has dredged for gold in California, from the American River to dry creek beds on the Monterey Peninsula. He and his children, all, have panned for gold in Indiana at Gold Creek. (no kidding...that's the name.)

So, you see when David told his dad of this adventure, Ron was up and ready to go. The following are videos of Dad/Grandpa panning and instructing.




"There's gold!"




Grandpa teaches them how!

*******^j^*******

It was a glorious day.

Thanks be to God!!!

8 comments:

  1. That really looks like such fun! I think I'd like to try that myself!
    Thanks for posting the video.
    This was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me smile - the thought of Grandpa teaching the wee ones to pan for gold. There is surly a spiritual analogy to be told for that :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just think...you made it even more enjoyable with your enthusiam and recording of the event!
    I would probably throw out the wrong(good) stuff and keep the junk!

    blessings and hugs,

    marcy

    p.s. Thank you for your kindness in going over to Tamara's site and leaving a message...I was more excited for her getting comments than for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is something I have never done nor thought to but your video makes it look like fun, I love seeing families playing together. So glad you had such a lovely weekend....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I truly enjoy your post and smiling while reading it... your scribes are always interesting.

    It looks so structured... so how much gold did they manage?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great video Kathy.

    Looks like you had a fun weekend away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun, my kids would have loved to have had a go at that when they were younger :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks and sounds like it was a great way to spend some quality time together, Cathy.
    I think I'd be dreaming about it as well if I were there!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.