Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Optical Illusions

Optical Illusions have always been an inspiration to me. I am awed by the skill an artist has. They can make something FLAT appear to have texture, form and beauty. Here are some pictures sent to me by a friend, Juliene. You may have seen them before but if you have not I hope you will marvel at them the way I have. There is real art and beauty in these BIG trucks.


Here are 7 pictures of European trucks whose trailers are decorated to look like the sides are missing. The products they are hauling are painted on the outside, side and back, but it looks as if you are looking at the interior of the trailer.


The first one is of a beer bottle and looks so real. It looks as if the bottle is coming out the side of the bottle
.

Here is a canvas tote bag.


The Pepsi cases look as if they are stacked on the ceiling


Here is another truck with the windshield faceing the back, a drived painted in the drivers seat looking back over his shoulder to appear as if he is diving backwards. (How this one is just palin scary, even when the German reads, "On the wrong way?"

Here is an aquarium with fish in it.


This one is of a bookshelf with books lined up in it and a post-it-note with an advertisement on it with the advertisement for the book supplier no doubt.


Finally, here is the ad for Pringles Hot and Spicy. The "inside" of the trailer has the appearance of having been through a fire.


~*~~*~~*~~*~
This gift was sent to me with this Chinese proverb attached. "When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have the moral obligation to share it with others. " Of course, we all have different thoughts on the value of things. I have placed a relatively high value on this gift from Juliene. It was entertaining. It is artful. It means that she was thinking about me, because she knew I would enjoy it. So, each of you that see this, please enjoy. I'm wishing you a grand day, for I place a great deal of value on each and everyone of you!

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!!!

13 comments:

  1. These are amazing. Thanks for sharing, Cathy! Have a wonderful day!! :) ~Suz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet!
    I enjoy this type of art very much, thanks for sharing!
    We see quite a few sidewalk artist in Manhattan that do the 3-D effect, the talent always amazes me!
    I have never seen the trucks though, this was great!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun, fun, fun! i love the aquarium truck, but the backward facing truck would make me panic...am i driving the right way? did i just turn down a one way street?

    i'll share these with my boys tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though I got an e-mail several months ago with these trucks, it's worth seeing them again...so incredible. I just love them...although I do worry that the truck painted to look it's going the wrong way could cause an accident!

    Have a beautiful day, Cathy!

    blessings and hugs,

    marcy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too received these pictures in an e-mail and they still amaze me. Unbelievable what talent some people have and we get to enjoy. Thank you for sharing as they so another worth another look.....Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Cathy,
    My oldest son will love these when I show him tomorrow. He is a little truck mad.
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are awesome! I'll have to show my kids after school!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - such talent!!!

    Me...

    ...I can't draw a straight line with a ruler.

    Literally.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, those are incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so much fun, Cathy! I love optical illusions, too -- and the art it takes to make them! My kids'll love these, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing photos! They would probably cause me to have an accident if I were to pass one on the street!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.