Friday, October 02, 2009

Bad Haiku Friday



Humble is the heart
That never quite gets is right
But keeps on trying.


Image of Saint Therese
by
Brother Claude Lane, O.S.B.


On this feast of my patron saint, Saint Therese of Lisieux I would offer these words of hers for reflection.

It seems to me that if a little flower could speak, it would tell simply what God has done for it without trying to hide its blessing. It would not say, under the pretext of a false humility it is not beautiful or without perfume, that the sun had taken away its [splendor] and the storm has broken its stem when it know that all this is untrue.

I often reflect on the gift of humility and find that being truly humble is one of life's most difficult tasks. Humility requires of us honesty and acceptance of who we are. We must try to know ourselves. It is so hard to look inward, because some days it is not a pleasant sight. It becomes a sight we try to avoid. Well, take a look! Yes, there are flaws! But the beauty in the flaws is that even in them there is a love so powerful that when we accept it we too can see the signs of perfection there because God made us! And that is why He loves us!

Have a wonderful weekend!

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

10 comments:

  1. Well, St. Therese was a wise one! It is hard to look inward, there are so many negative things to focus on, it's too hard to see anything positive.
    And then I think one has a tendency to avoid doing any kind of self-reflection because it's easier to avoid taking a good hard look at yourself and then try to commit to change your ways. At least in my case it's easier to look the other way.

    Very thought-provoking post.
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and inspirational post! I will carry it in my heart. Thank you ♥ I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haiku!
    I love St. Therese. In commemoration of her feast day, I started rereading her "Story of a Soul". I had forgotten how wonderful it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the haiku and the post. It's very inspiring.

    Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. I hardly feel this deserves to be called "bad haiku"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was not a bad haiku. Very nice post Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful haiku!!

    I've been struggling with humility for awhile now. It's a hard line to draw.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haiku! And I love the quote from St. Therese!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post.. the haiku, the quote, and your reflection. It is deceiving how difficult humility is...

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.