Saturday, October 03, 2009

Feast of Saint Mother Theodore Guerin

Art by Kim Harmless


Today is the feast of Saint Mother Theodore Guerin. Canonized in October, 2006, she is foundress of the Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, Indiana.

So today I would offer these words of Saint Mother Theodore as I anticipate becoming an Associate of the Sisters of Providence in November.

"Do not give way to
uneasiness about the future.
Put yourself gently into the
hands of Providence."

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!


1 comment:

  1. I've been contemplating that very thing.

    Peaceful prayer, and trust in God, realizing the Guiding Force in our lives, all things I've been praying and writing about in my prayer journal blog.

    Thanks for this post!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.