Thursday, February 04, 2010

Tea Talk


Teapot is on, the cups are waiting,
Favorite chairs anticipating.
No batter what I have to do,
My friend, there's always time for you
Author Unknown
from Take a Little Time for Tea
by Kathy Hatch



Ruth at Celebrate Friendship is hosting Tea Talk at her house. I do enjoy a good cup of tea. And this is just the perfect time to celebrate! Yes, first thing in the morning before the mind gets muddled with all the things it has to process. So visit Ruth, have a cup of tea and then share with us.

I'm having...Irish Breakfast Tea from Taylors of Harrogate. It is great on a cold morning as it warms me from the inside out.

My teacup is... actually "tea mug" that was given to me by Ron's sister and brother-in-law along with the Irish Breakfast tea. It's very plain with a bold shamrock and simply the word Ireland on it, but it means a great deal to me for it was given with love.

I'm feeling...invigorated. Yesterday was my meeting with Sister Dorothy for Spiritual Direction and I feel renewed.


~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!



Now dear friends please stop in at Ruth's delightful and cozy "tearoom" and enjoy! The book, Take a Little Time for Tea is a delightful book with recipes and sayings by the wise and learned.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy! This is a beautiful tea celebration. I love the quote you have here.
    Yes, morning tea is wonderful and even more if shared with a friend. Thank you for the pleasure of your company.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drink tea myself. Right now I'm enjoying my first cup of the day. Stopped on my way to work--to pick up a tall (in that styrofoam cup!) one from Dunkin' Donuts. 2 tea bags, please. Skim milk--one sugar. ;-) Thanks for the steer over to Celebrate Friendship! Havea wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once found a wonderful shamrock mug that said "Ireland" at a yard sale for 25 cents- and it was actually made in Ireland, not China! I gave to some friends who love the land! Thanks for sharing your tea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy!
    I'm having Russian tea in my favorite big mug:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathy, I enjoyed reading your post. I also love tea. Have I told you how much I like the new look of your blog? It's very pretty. Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I was a big tea drinker for years and years when I went off of coffee, but now I'm back to coffee again!
    I do like a nice cup of tea every now and then though.
    'Loved the little tea poem, and hearing about your tea mug!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute Cathy, I am a coffee drinker but I drink from a mug I bought in Ireland in 2008, it's green with white sheep on it and I reach for it every morning, coffee just doesn't taste the same if not in my favorite mug......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. A rose tea cup with g'night tea and honey! :-)
    Thanks for sharing a cuppa with me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I can't believe how many people here drink from mugs that are from Ireland!!!
    Glad you enjoyed your tea today Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh how simple and fun! I may have to do this one tomorrow when I'm home to take a pic of my mug and enjoy the tea....or maybe I won't wait and will have some here at work.....hmmmmm, decisions!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.