Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tea Talk


"You can never get a cup of tea large enough

or a book long enough to suit me."

C. S. Lewis

Welcome to my house. Come in and linger. There is nothing like a cup of tea between friends.

I'm having...Namring Upper Estate tea steeped for 3 minutes. It was gift from daughter, Marianne. The first time I prepared this tea I steeped it for 5 minutes. I drank it and was wired for the entire day. It's not a feeling I am particularly fond of. That's when I learned that the time you steep your tea is most important.

My teacup is... a favorite mug of mine. It is white with simple white roses on it. When I drink from this mug I am reminded of my friend, Fay, who spent many hours with me drinking tea and chatting for hours. The mug recalls one of those visits.

I'm feeling... a bit tired. Amazing isn't it that after a retreat one should feel fatigued, but here it is three days after I returned from Saint Meinrad and I'm bushed. I guess it's haveing to return to the real world and all its challenges.

I'm wishing you all a wonderful day! Sun is supposed to shine today, so in anticipation of that, I say, "Enjoy!" And...

+
~~+++~~
+

Thanks be to God!!
Now it's time for you to visit Ruth at Celebrate Friendship is hosting Tea Talk at her house. I'm wishing all a grand day!

8 comments:

  1. Hello Cathy. It's a pleasure to share tea time with you. I hope you have a wonderful day, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, life has been so busy and it seems like such a long time since I've been able to visit consistently, your invitation to "come in and linger" is exactly what I'm going to do, beginning with Doris Day in your sidebar! Yes, it must be tiring to "get back to business" after such a lovely retreat. Take it easy and enjoy your tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed seeping tea with you while Doris Day entertained us. I brought my Lady Grey... did you brew it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy, I always get tired after I do anything to enjoy myself. I don't know why that is unless I'm just savoring the good time I had. I hope you have a happy Tea day :>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joining you for a cup...have a beautiful day!

    Joyce Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps feeling tired is your body's way of feeling let down just a bit......a retreat is such a beautiful thing and we all look forward to them, and then to have to go back to the real world well Cathy am not sure about this, just say'in.........:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks be to God, indeed!
    I appreciate the lesson about steeping times...I had no idea it really mattered!!!
    I hope that you will find some rest in the next few days:)

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.