Thursday, April 22, 2010

C. A. J. E. Rally Tonight!!!!!

As I prepare to attend the annual Congregations Acting for Justice and Empowerment (C.A.J.E.) rally tonight at St. Benedict Cathedral in Evansville, I was considering the reason I attend these. We, personally, have only been "rallying" for a few short years, but C.A.J.E. has been working for the needs of the poor and disenfranchised here in the area for a number of years. They work with area leaders in government and education to encourage improvement in the lives of those in need. This year's continued topic is affordable housing and expansion of transportation. It's amazing what numbers of people can accomplish. A few short years ago a free dental clinic was built out of concern and determination. It works. One must persevere. With large numbers together One becomes Many and if we all persevere GOOD will prevail.

The poor must know that we love them, that they are wanted. They themselves have nothing to give but love. We are concerned with how to get the message of love and compassion across. We are trying to bring peace to the world through our work. But the work is the gift of God. by Mother Teresa from Love: A Fruit Always in Season

And so tonight, I rally! I encourage! I am encouraged! I live in a place where rallying seems to make a difference.

~~^j^~~
Thanks be to God!!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! And I will pray for the good work you do and continued success!
    God Bless!
    Love and Prayers,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't Mother Teresa wonderful? What a great cause. I too will pray for your continued success. It is amazing what people can do when they put their heads together and try.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.