Friday, April 02, 2010

Good Friday

It was now about noon and darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon because of an eclipse of the sun. then the veil of the temple was torn down the middle. Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Father, into your hands I commend my spirit; and when he had said this he breathed his last. Luke 23: 44-46

Waiting in Darkness

The darkness before Jesus died symbolizes the coming of the day of the Lord...This Iroquois prayer expresses the feeling of that moment:

We wait in the darkness!
Come, all ye who listen,
Help in our night journey;
Now no sun is shining;
Now no star is blowing;
Come show us the pathway;
The night is not friendly;
The moon has forgot us;

We walk in the darkness!
David Schiller, editor, The Little Book of Prayers, p. 322)

+
~~+++~~
+
Thanks be to God!

Join us today by saying the rosary between 12:00 noon and 3:00 p.m. as we pray for world peace. God bless you all!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post!
    I'll be joining you for the Rosary today.
    Love and Prayers,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter!
    Joyce Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy I pray my rosary every night when I go to bed, I either listen online or put my CD on as I join the others and their soft voices in prayer. I have found that filling my bedroom with prayer gives me the most beautiful and peaceful sleep possible. Happy Easter my dear friend.......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Cathy for this prayerful post.

    God bless you and your family.

    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.