Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Simple Women's Daybook


While it's been a long while since I've done this I do visit those who contribute. So after you visit here please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman and journey along the path of life we all share The Simple Woman's Daybook.

1. I'm thinking...that it has been so long since I've done this. Had not realized how long until I started looking at the ones done earlier...

2. From the Kitchen...there is the smell of cinnamon toast. I do love a good piece of cinnamon toast. I'm considering a Crockpot meal today but don't know which one to fix.

3. I am creating...(knitting) a lap afghan!

4. I'm wearing...my red long sleeved nightgown...It's still cold outside!

5. I am reading..."Her Royal Spyness," a mystery by Rhys Bowen. I'm really enjoying it.

6. I'm hoping...I can get shopping done for birthdays and graduations done today!

7. I am hearing...glorious silence.

8. Around the house...There are signs that Thanksgiving is just around the corner.

9. Few plans for the rest of the week...to finish the Reunion Cookbook (I know I've been saying that for weeks.), prepare the house for our absence while on vacation, and purchase flower for the boxes.

10. One of my favorite things is...watching Master Piece Mystery on PBS. Miss Marple returns on Sunday.

11. Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


Sammy Cat nesting and resting.
~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

6 comments:

  1. Your daybook is a lovely read. I am glad you decided to do it again.
    Thanksgiving.... is that the one in November you are thinking about..... smile.... I hope you are having your own Thanksgiving just around the corner.
    Great that you have time to read, and blog and go to work and more.....you must be so organised. Many Blessings - Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how funny, Jan...That's how long it's been since I've done this and I completely skipped over that part of the day book!!! Too funny!!!! Thank you!!! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the same thing when I read about Thanksgiving! It is my favorite holiday though and we were married Thanksgiving weekend in 2001. I love cinnamon toast too. Especially with a cup of hot tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd sure like to snuggle up w/ that cat! Looks cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanksgiving is every day surely!

    Thanx for a lovely Blog Cathy - I like the music.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How funny, I was just thinking about doing a daybook next week. It's been ages since I did one.
    I love Miss Marple! The original is my favourite. She's a wonderful character isn't she!
    Your kitty looks very content, reminds me of our lovely old ginger Tom cat.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.