Tuesday, September 14, 2010

~~Adventure Tour Express~~

Central City, Colorado

Gold found there in May, 1859 caused it to be
called The Richest Square Mile on Earth.
Saint James United Methodist Church
One of the oldest churches in the state.
Central City Opera House
Built in 1879 by Welsh and Cornish Miners.
Carriage House Sign
Store Fronts

A journey to Central City is step back in time.  Though gold mining is no longer the main source of income, it is grand to walk the streets and wonder what thrilling events took place here.  There is a wonderful book written by Caroline Bancroft about the history of Central City called Gulch of Gold.  I highly recommend it.

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

Now it's your turn. Please post an adventure we can all share and then link it here for all to see.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking me up Cathy. I tried to link up last night but it wasn't up. I usually stay up later but been working in Santa's Workshop and I was tired. LOL Loved your tour for today. Great info about a new place to me.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this looks so quaint! I love it and I'd love to visit there! Thanks for sharing!

    I was able to get here through Bernie's blog (I clicked on your name in her comment section, I wonder if that would work on my own blog), it's been near impossible to visit anyone. I have company coming this weekend so I'm going to put them to work on fixing my blog! Wish me luck!

    And now I'm off to peruse some of your past posts so I can catch up on your life!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im in I'm in!!!

    I got my post up after all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the state of Colorado and all it's history! I had a big thrill looking out the plane window when I recently visited California as I could see the Rockies as we flew over them!

    Thanks for linking me up Cathy!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.