Monday, September 13, 2010

MEME Fun

 

I was tagged by NC Sue at In Him I Live and Have My Being last week for this MEME.  I have tried and tried to think of the top 10 most surprising things I've done.  Well it has been a struggle.  So here is my meager attempt and in no particular order, certainly not in chronological order.

 1.   I have been a nurse for 42 years and continue to work.
 2.   With the aid of a wonderful husband I have raised 5 children.
 3.  Co-chaired and parish overnight retreat.
 4.  Got my BA in gerontology at the age of48.  Told by my husband that I would be in the forefront  of my field my field.
 5.  I learned to ice skate at the age of 16.
 6.  Married my best friend 42 years ago!
 7.  I have 10 lovely grandchildren and another on the way.
 8.  Made my Cursillo in 1976 when I was 8 months pregnant with my 4th child.  That is an entirely    different story.
 9.  Have found that photography is a pleasure and I enjoy making photo books for family and friends.
10.  Having become an Associate of the Sisters of Providence has been a fulfilling experience.

Now I must tag some others.

Queenmothermama at daylily
Mighty Mom at My Wonderful Life
Laura at Catholic Teacher Musings
Pat at Mille Fiori Favoriti

So thanks to Sue for challenging me to reflect on my accomplishments.  And thank you to those I have tagged for playing along.
~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!



5 comments:

  1. Well Cathy what a wonderful way to learn a little more about you. Thanks for sharing your story and I will get mine up, probably with Adventure Express. Blessings to you.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing, Cathy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Cathy, I found you on QueenMothers blog. I had lost her and we finally connected. I like your post. Please come over an be a follower
    so we can connect . yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy -

    It IS difficult to reflect on accomplishments, but as I read the "surprising thing" people have shared through this meme, I'm gratified to realize that I've met some wonderfully talented people.

    And your list is packed with wonderful accomplishments. Thank you for sharing them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh crap,
    you tagged ME.

    you silly woman. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.