Tuesday, October 05, 2010

~~Adventure Tour Express~~

Labor Day, 2010 

Part II



“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~Wilfred Peterson




Barrington Hall
Antebellum House
1842






This has been the home to four generations of descendants of Barrington King.  Located in the city of Roswell, Georgia, the family had owned the home until 2008 when it was sold to the City of Roswell.







Restored ice house






Artifacts inside the ice house







Flowers in the formal garden...











 ...were just beautiful that late summer's day.




















And there was even a glimpse of Autumn in the garden has the mums
began to blossom.








It was a wonderful day as we visited this home where history was made.  It is a home that survived the Civil War.  A home visited by dignitaries such as President Theodore Roosevelt.  This is one of three homes in Roswell.  There are two others, Bulloch Hall, the childhood home of Theodore Roosevelt's mother and Smith Plantation.  Called A Southern Trilogy I think I would like very much to visit the other two the next time we visit!

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!
Now it's your turn. Please join in the fun and post an adventure we can all share and then link it here for all to see.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful tour pictures. Love the big southern homes. Could not get my post to link up. Will keep trying.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE restored sites like this, Cathy. Isn't it something how, though we know the really hard work that went into just living 200 years ago (more and less), you get a feeling of tranquility in these historic homes? Maybe it's the absence of media... This was a wonderful tour. Thank-you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking us on a visit to this historic site. Glad it was a fine day.
    Love and Blessings,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful old home! Oh how I wish I could live in one of them. As soon as I get my blogger streightened out I will link with you. I keep forgetting the day you do it so I will mark my calendar. I hope you have a beautiful and blessed day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathy!
    I love visiting antebellum homes and I'm glad this beautiful one survived the Civil War!
    Sorry to link up so late! I was rushing yesterday as it was our anniversary and we were going out to a concert. Thanks for the reminder!
    ♥Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shots of a magnificent spot.

    Darryl and Ruth : )

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.