Tuesday, October 12, 2010

~~Adventure Tour Express~~


“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~Wilfred Peterson
\

POMPEY'S PILLAR




I was wondering just the other day what had happened to the pictures of out trip to Montana in 2002.  That was a wonderful trip because It was the beginning of the Lewis and Clark Expedition for us.  Ron has a soft spot in his heart for those explorers of the early West.  So when we were visiting Mom and my brother's family in Billings, Montana we were treated to that wonderful sight



View from the walk overlooking the Yellowstone River.


Though it is not very clear we did our best to get the signature of Captain William Clark as he chiseled his name into the rock.  There is a great explanation of the discovery of his signature at Pompey's Pillar
See if you can make out the signature.

From the overlook a lot can be seen of the rugged counntry called Montana.

And we had a grand time on the shores of the
Yellowstone River playing in the sand.

I think it's worth mentioning that even though this is probably not one of the most visited sights in the area, with Yellowstone National Park just down the road.  And thought it doesn't have the most spectacular scenery, I think the history in this spot has a lot to offer.  
Wishing all who visit here a grand adventure today!  

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

Now it's your turn. Please join in the fun and post an adventure we can all share and then link it here for all to see.

5 comments:

  1. That was a marvelous post. Looking for some of my adventures in the past to post. That would be a great place to go. I have not been any further west than Austin Texas. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy!
    Someday in the future my husband and I would like to visit Glacier national park and I'll make sure we visit this area in Montana also. This was fascinating to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again ... lovely photos Cathy. I wish I was with you on your travels.

    Did you see Yogi Bear at the National Park?

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I think the scenery is so beautiful, Cathy! It's so different from anything I've experienced. I'd love to go to Montana one day! We've only been as far as Minnesota (we lived there for a year), so this was a treat for me!
    Thanks for sharing all these pretty photos and interesting facts.
    And thanks for linking up my post!
    All the best,
    Eileen
    PS ~ I'll be away for a few weeks, so I'll visit again at the end of October.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful post and lovely historical places.
    I like to read about far away places, thanks for sharing its history.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.