Wednesday, October 27, 2010

~~Tea Talk and Amazing Things and Month of Thanksgiving~~






Each cup of tea represents an imaginary voyage.
~Catherine Douzel~





I'm having...Irish Breakfast Tea

My teacup is...my Halloween mug.





I'm feeling...refreshed.  I'm pretty well caught up.  Dusted and did laundry.  Finished the chapter for Bible Study tonight.  I only have to vacuum on Saturday!

On my mind..Looking forward to celebrating the 50th wedding anniversary of our friends Paul and Pat.  And having the grand kids over so Grandpa can take them trick-or-treating.



If at any day we accomplish some good here, the glory will certainly be his alone, since he has employed for his end instruments more capable of spoiling everything than of making it succeed.  ~Saint Mother Theodore Guerin~

I smiled when I read that quote for I knew she must be talking about me, too.  Some days I feel that way.  Me, the instrument, capable of spoiling almost everything and then somehow it all comes about the way it should.  He allows us to see the glory and appreciate it.  And we give honor where honor is due.
 
Just like last weekend as we were clearing the garden I saw these three blossoms/bud and so I clipped them off and put them in my very small teacup.  

The very next day they had bloomed into these beautiful flowers.  They lasted nearly 5 days and the little owl carried them with such dignity.




Branch Of Wisdom








I find today I am grateful for the breezes the have blown. Not brisk or blustery breezes but the winds of Autumn that remind us there are changes coming.






~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!



Now if you'd be so kind as to visit Ruth at Celebrate Friendship  who is hosting Tea Talk, Lisa at Are We There Yet who is hosting Amazing Things and Tamara at Branch of Wisdom who is hosting A Month of Thanksgiving I'm sure you will find some delightful and wonderful words of wisdom, praise and gratitude.

6 comments:

  1. I love your tea quote!
    Your roses are so delicate and lovely! This was one amazing summer we had here in Indiana, isn't? My rose bush did extremely well. It still blooming; I know any day it will stop, more and likely this evening, for we have a frost warning for tomorrow morning :(
    Yes, I am very thankful windy autumn days. I love fall!
    (((hugs)))
    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cathy,
    I'm glad to hear you are feeling refreshed. congratulations for doing great job with house chores. You seem so organized.

    I enjoyed the photos of your mug and flowers. That owl vase is so cute.
    I hope you have a wonderful time at your friends' golden wedding anniversary celebration. wow, 50 years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, I love autumn, too!

    Blessings on your day,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. As our wind howls outside, I will be gently reminded to be grateful for all the days that I don't have these winds. Thank you for the reminder and sharing your tea with me this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that quote. I love wind. All sorts. It is very refreshing to me. Weird, I know. But I love it.

    What beautiful flowers and I love that mug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your halloween mug is cute, but that owl mug is my FAV!

    Blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.