Tuesday, March 08, 2011

The Day Before the Lenten Journey Begins


You know the day before Lent is like getting ready for a trip.  Before I travel I organize all sorts of things.  I make sure I have the sitter for Duchess and that Sam has someone to come in and check in on him (you know how independent cats are.)  I do that last bit of laundry so there is none to come home to.  The house is made tidier than when we are home (why is that?).  I pack all the bags making sure I have clothes for all kinds of weather (even snow when we go to Colorado), my make-up, medication, books and camera.

Today is the day before my Lenten journey begins this year.  In preparation I have resolved to relax, rest, read and fast from those treats I saver the rest of the year.  May God give me the grace to do so. Another resolution is this.  I, too, will try to keep Provident God up to date.  I have become lax and so this is the real challenge for me this year.  I will make every effort to keep this Journal of my journey up-to-date.

Wishing you all a grand "day before."

~~~^j^~~~

8 comments:

  1. Cathy--sounds like you're in full prep for the season of Lent. It is a journey....and those of us who follow these next 40 days are in constant reminder of how much we have in our lives....with God who makes all things possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings to you this season too Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no. today I enjoy one last hurrah of all the things I"m gonna miss over the next 6 weeks......
    after all

    it's Mardi Gras you know!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings to you this Lenten season. Please stop at my bog, as you usually do, you are so faithful to stop by. I have something I want you to have.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The house is made tidier than when we are home (why is that?)."

    True ... many people do that.

    Before going on a long journey I make the house as untidy as possible. Throw the chairs upside down, empty all drawers on the floor, throw pictures off the wall etc ... If anyone breaks into the house in my absence they'll see the whole mess and think that someone else has already broken in and taken what's worth taking. So they'll leave empty handed!

    God bless you this Lent. It's good to laugh. Now join me on my Blog and bring a smile to someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post! And I like all your Lenten preparations, and I should do the same.
    And I haven't kept up my prayer journal blog since last Easter! For awhile Blogger wouldn't let me get into it, and then I just let it fall by the wayside. Sad.

    Love and Prayers,
    Eileen
    PS ~ I make the house cleaner than normal too when we travel. Makes it that much nicer to come home to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another PS ~ I read back and just want to say how much I love your kitchen! Beautiful floor and those white counter tops and white appliances! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.