Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Cleaning and Tea Talk


I'm having...blackberry tea.  Very flavorful and with a bit of Splenda quite a nice way to begin the day.

My teacup...one of my favorite dainty teacups.
I'm feeling...like sitting here is not what I should be doing, as I have committed myself to Spring Cleaning the next two days.  Spring Cleaning has taken on a whole new meaning this year.   It's more like cleaning up after a disaster.  Cleaning to get things back in order.  And believe me there is a LOT of disorder here.

On my mind...is the order in which I am to begin this endeavor.  Do I start in the bedrooms, or the Family Room.  UGH!  The living room has to be last because the dining room still has saws, and compressors and tools...(SIGH)  Oh, Cathy!  Just get started!!!


 

My second favorite household chore is ironing.
My first being hitting my head on the top bunk 
bed until I faint. 
~Erma Bombeck~

~~^j^~~  
Thanks be to God!

Now won't you join me and visit Ruth at Celebrate Friendship is hosting Tea Talk at her house?  Share a cup of tea or a cool refreshing drink with us.

7 comments:

  1. Cathy, love that Erma Bombeck quote. I know what you mean about spring cleaning--I have the urge to do it now, but I haven't been home much the past two weeks. I told my dh that I would love just one whole day without homeschool, without regular chores, without commitments, so I can just clean, pick up, and organize. At least some of your mess is due to renovation! You have a partial excuse. Just get to work on the rest. :)

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you for sharing a photo collage here. I love having a glimpse of your beautiful home. Your tea cup is lovely and your blackberry tea sounds yummy.

    Hope you have a fun day beautifying your home.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are gonna get it Cathy. It is gonna happen. Keep on keeping on. I have faith in you based on your strong and faithful character. Now how is that for a bit of the blarney. Love ya gal.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, that Erma quote has me laughing out loud... it's so me! Whenever I feel overwhelmed with too much to do, I break it down into mini-tasks and just start... one by one. The tough part is getting started. Just think about how good you'll feel when it's all done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I know that overwhelming feeling! I have it now as we are cleaning out the house with a big move in mind! It really does feel like too much. And I should be at it right now but I took a little break to read my favorite blogs.
    Okay, let's wish each other luck and I'll keep you in mind and say a few prayers for a 'clean success' for you!
    Love the Erma Bombeck quote! My Mom and I used to read her column in the paper all the time, and of course her books too.
    Love and Prayers,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even cleaning out one small drawer feels good . . .and sometimes encourages me to do more...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings Cathy. I wish you a great week ahead.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.