Friday, August 12, 2011

Haiku My Heart





Baseball is a game
It's balls, bats, gloves and practice
It's a boy's passion.

It's not just winning
It's the batting and catching
It's learning the skills

Baseball is a game
It's balls, bats, gloves and practice
It's a boy's PASSION

*******

This Haiku is a tribute to all who love baseball.  It's also a tribute to a  young man and his team who advanced to the semi-finals of the Regionals of the Little League World Series.   They didn't win.  No, but they did show amazing talent.  I know the hours they have practiced and the determination with which they have played the game.  I was even able to watch them play for the first time on national television and was amazed at the poise and maturity they showed.  

Again I applaud the Golfmoor boys, coaches and especially Luke for making my day!!!  You were terrific!!!

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

Cathy

Visit also Rebecca at recuerda mi corazon for Haiku My Heart.


8 comments:

  1. I LOVE baseball (especially college baseball) and I'm enjoying watching the Little League world series on ESPN. Baseball teaches so much ... it's a thinking mans game and I like the idea that you don't have to be TALL to play!!!! :D :D :D Loved these haikus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your baseball 'story in haiku's'... YAY for young baseball players and YAY for proud fans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remembering and preserving the joy of the game is so important ! May the boy have that all through his life.
    Happy Weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you have built a wonderfully passionate triptych with words! Alleluia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. dear cathy,

    pairing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame"...with your fabulous haiku of honoring is really filling me with nostalgic longing. having the extreme pleasure of raising a son is welling up in my heart right now with the memory of my mother teaching this song to him as a tiny little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love baseball!

    going, going, gone
    far beyond the fence -
    pitcher kicks the mound

    ReplyDelete
  7. learning and playing all wrapped in one little ball that flies through the skies with such grace... indeed a box full of memories...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait until my grandson starts playing ,I miss watching the wee ones play. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.