Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Joy In Haiku


Today I join Meri for Share the Joy Thursday.   For I believe we need to find it in my life every day no matter the realities in which we live.  God is Good in so many ways even in times of trial.

Joy comes in many forms.
And this day has the potential of
being just as grand as
a live  mannequin at 
The Festival of the Little Hills.


He offered surprise 
and laughter to passersby.
I too must be open to it!

Last weekend we made our annual trek to St. Charles, MO for the Festival of the Little Hills.  In years past it was a way to shop for wonderful craft and art and just mingle with the people on the streets of Old Saint Charles.  The past couple of years it has been an opportunity to be with the people and just enjoy the company of family as we luncheon on the the patio at the Little Hills Restaurant.  This year we had the treat of having a live mannequin posing near where we ate.  Oh my, what a wonderful time we had witnessing the surprise on the faces of the people when he would reposition himself.  He was very talented and the joy and laughter he brought to everyone around him was just priceless.  

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!!!

Cathy



Please visit Rebecca at recuerda mi corazon for Haiku My Heart. There is always more beautiful words  there to enchant and encourage!!! 



17 comments:

  1. A pretty picture. I really like how you've captured the highlights and shadows. Delicious haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds lovely!

    Enjoy your time in Georgia. :) We're having great weather right now, so I hope it stays through Labor Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Cathy for sharing your wonderful stories with us.

    God bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very interesting. Our niece was involved in a live mannequin situation for some time and I just amazed at the fun it entailed. Say a pray for me Cathy I am doing some private sitting. No nursey stuff just custodial. Hope I can stay with it for awhile. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like so much fun! I looked up St. Charles and it's a lovely place -- just the kind of place I love to explore. It must have been so delightful to enjoy the patio with your loved ones and watch the wonder on the faces of passersby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. and a good time was had by all, I assume....all but that guy who had to hold perfectly still and probably was sweating all the while! fun post...with cheerful haiku

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! Sounds like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes
    yes
    yes
    we must all B open to it...

    well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So good to be here, Cathy!
    I enjoyed this post and the one below.
    the little frog is sooo cute.
    Thank you for sharing your joy♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delightful haiku and fun time ~ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Surprise and laughter are precious gifts. Why would anyone refuse them? (Sadly, some people do.)

    Tattoo


    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice haiku of fun. Festivals are always fun. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love imaging this.
    it is wonderful that something so simple and surprising can bring instant laughter and joy!
    may your day be filled with contentment and deep happiness; may it spill sweetly into the lives of all you touch.
    thank you for being here to haiku our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would have laughed too when he send his smile my way! Love the haiku!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.