Thursday, May 23, 2013

Shelter from the Rain

As we anticipate the first holiday weekend of the Summer Holiday Trilogy, those being Memorial Day, The 4th of July, and Labor Day, I am struck by the joy and sadness these holidays represent.  In fact, they are a celebration of life for those who gave and we who have received.


Joy comes in many forms.
And this day has the potential of
being just as grand as
celebrating the beauty in
all that surrounds me.




must be open to it!
~~~~~~~~~~
Shelter from the rain
Waiting to feel the warm sun
Finds security

Wrapped among the leaves
She awaits her fulfillment
Bursting forth in bloom

~~~^j^~~~

Wishing all a grand weekend of family, friends, food, and fun!!!  OH!  Don't forget, it's time for the INDY 500!!!
~~~~~~~

Thanks be to God!!!

Cathy



Today I join Meri for Share the Joy Thursday.   For I believe we need to find it in my life every day no matter the realities in which we live.  God is Good in so many ways even in times of trial.


Please visit Rebecca at recuerda mi corazon for Haiku My Heart. There is always more beautiful words  there to enchant and encourage!!! 




I'm also joining Lou Ceel at Haiku Friday.  Come play with words.  It's such a joy!!!





18 comments:

  1. Don't the tightly wrapped camellia buds, the unfurling blossoms, and those leathery but glossy leaves thrill you? I have a half dozen camellias in my garden, each different. . . each treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful words :)
    Wishing you a lovely weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That it comes in many forms is one of the things I love about joy. Marvelous shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel exactly like that rose today, your haiku and photo 'hit me'... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm traveling this holiday weekend for a sad event, that I hope will also include moments of joy. Hoping you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a lovely weekend, Carol. As usual, your contribution to Haiku Friday, is excellent, and I a grateful for your participation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. {{ following jOy and haiku
    i find you here
    Sharing ...

    is that a fragrant gardenia
    in you lovely photo ♥
    or
    a white baby rose ??}}

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that the flower's fullfillment is "bursting forth in bloom!" What a magical sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waiting for the sun and warmth but finding ways to be thankful for the grey and cool.
    Have a great holiday weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful words and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful bloom! Taking shelter can often be a joy in itself. Lovely haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I find myself like your blossom...awaiting fulfillment...and it will come...and when it does...oh, my!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful thought-provoking post Cathy. Thank you.

    God bless you always.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got an eror message on your first link, but here you are. Yes, a glorious holiday weekend ahead and you've expressed it well. A lot of paradox in all these holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful words and photo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. dear cathy,

    it has been a lovely long weekend with family and the sharing of dear memories. the sun warmed the impossibly blue sky yet still this particular holiday presses on my heart with overwhelming sorrow.
    thanks for being a comfort and a friend.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.