Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Alpaca




Today I join Meri for Share the Joy Thursday.   For I believe we need to find it in my life every day no matter the realities in which we live.  God is Good in so many ways even in times of trial.

Joy comes in many forms.
And this day has the potential of
being just as grand as
celebrating the beauty in
the alpacas at
The Woods



must be open to it!
~~~~~~~~~~

Knitting is something my mother taught me when I was 12 years old and for that I am truly grateful!!
It brings me joy, satisfaction and appreciation of God's nature.  The yarn with which I am knitting this prayer shawl is alpaca from the WhiteViolet Center at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods here in Indiana.  The yarn is a blend of two alpacas, Basilide and Linden.  Oh!  The joy this brings!!!

~~~~~~~
                                   
The Apaca wool
Soft and gentle to the touch
Just as the Masters

~~~^j^~~~

Thanks be to God!!!

Cathy

Please visit Rebecca at recuerda mi corazon for Haiku My Heart. There is always more beautiful words  there to enchant and encourage!!! 






17 comments:

  1. Love the alpaca haiku, Cathy. Alpaca wool is so soft and warm and touchable. Wearing your prayer shawl will be a glorious experience for the recipient's senses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful animals, and that is a lovely shawl..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Beautiful animals and wool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having had the pleasure of touching the softness of an alpaca before it was shorn, I can only imagine how wonderful their wool must feel in your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  5. {{ love the comparison
    of soft wool to His touch }}



    but
    that said
    really
    truthfully
    i love the way this sentence sounds when spoken aloud ::

    ""The yarn
    with which I am knitting this prayer shawl
    is alpaca
    from the WhiteViolet Center
    at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods here in Indiana.""


    ahhh ::
    ""the WhiteViolet Center
    at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods""


    yes
    & poetry
    that !!

    to me these words are
    also soft to the touch ...

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post and haiku about creating ~ thanks, carol xxx

    love alpacas and knitting a prayer shawl too ~ carol, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, just as the masters....

    Do visit me for my post on 4th Anniversary of my blog...here:

    http://rameshsood.blogspot.in/2013/11/bless-me-on-fourth-anniversary-of-my.html

    RS:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. always your gentle love infuses all you see, do, touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. a beautiful, bounty of offerings Cathy… I would love to knit or crochet with that wool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. May his gentle touch wrap you in the softness of alpaca! Thank you for your uplifting sentiments today! The shawl is a wonderful color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahh..wonderful gift from such sweet, gentle animals! I appreciate the mention of a wonderful university here in my home state.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This makes me wish I knew how to knit. Love your photo with the animals in it. Is that a beehive on the branch?

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is a hornet's nest. I'm not sure and I didn't want to get too much closer. Thank you for your visit and remember wishes can come true. Some just take more work to accomplish than others. Give knitting a try.

      Delete
  13. Your post sent me to Google. I didn't know you were in Indiana. We'll be in Indianapolis at Easter and I want to see St. Mary's. Our son teaches at Cathedral H.S. in Indi so perhaps some of his students have chosen to go there. Maybe we can even meet for coffee?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting! Two of the kids live in INDY...Maybe we can meet! ;0)

      Delete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.