Monday, March 03, 2014

A Gift of the Spirit

Saint Meinrad Archabbey Church
St. Meinad, IN

On this cold, icy, dreary day I found the sunshine I was seeking in the words of the Psalms.  I found them at The Path of Life, the blog of Br. Francis de Sales Wagner a Monk at Saint Meinrad.    I have found more treasures since I left retreat there on 2/23/14.  And as I read his post I remember thinking where can I read these words of Saint Therese of Lisieux again.  For her beautiful words were offered during morning prayer on Sunday morning.

And so, today this day that finds my lovely pine tree bowed again from the weight of the ice, this gift was given to me.  Please join Br. France when you can.

God will show me 
the pat to life
the fullness of joy 
in his presence
Psalm 16:11

~~~^j^~~~
Thank you, Br. Francis 
and
Thanks be to God!!!

Cathy

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Cathy, for sharing a lovely church and beautiful words...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retreats are such wonderful events. I haven't been to any in ages. Oh, I just love photos of churches. Saint Meinrad Archabbey is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.