Monday, December 15, 2014

It's My Birthday


Today I am 68.  Yes, I claim it.  It is mine.  I just retired after nursing for 46 years in different environments.  I have been privileged to serve many beautiful, wonderful people.  I have a wonderful husband, five remarkable children and children-in-law (is that a word?) and 12 delightful grandchildren.  

Life is good!!! Revel in it!!!  

And so this I pray.

"My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going.  I do not see the road ahead of me.  I cannot know for certain where it will end.  Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so.  But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you.  And I hope I have the desire in all that I am doing.  Hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire.  And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it.  Therefore, I will trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death.  I will not fear, for  you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone."  Thomas Merton

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!!

Cathy


2 comments:

  1. Many Happy Returns and best wishes on your Birthday, Cathy. May you have a long and happy and healthy retirement. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful..blessings and have a marvelous B-Day..xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.