Sunday, August 16, 2015

The Nation's Bread Basket


Give fools their gold and knaves their power; let fortune's bubbles rise and fall; who sows a field, or trains a flower, or plants a tree is more than all.
~~John Greenleaf Whittier
~~~~~~~

Traveling through our nation's bread basket I again am in awe of the beauty of the land.  It also causes me to pause and reflect on the hard work it takes to feed this nation.  I forget all the work and toil it takes to produce the food I so easily shop for every week.  And so at this time I'd like to thank all those who work to bring food to my table.  The farmer, the rancher, the migrant worker, the truck driver, the grocer, and the one who stock the shelves.  I also want to apologize for taking you all for granted.

~~~^j^~~~
Most of all I want to say,
Thanks be to God!

Cathy  


Please visit Judith at Lavender Cottage for Mosaic Monday and share in the beauty offered there.



Mosaic Monday

I will also be joining Laura at I Heart Macro to day too.  Why not stop by and enjoy!



Shine the Divine


I'm also joining Mersad at Through My Lens.  Enjoy!


14 comments:

  1. All important vocations, that bring food to our table. If you like you can link up on the all new edition of the "Through my lens" photo meme. Link is below.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cathy, yes I am thankful to everyone that brings food to our table. Especially the farmers, they have such a tough life. Even the weather can be against them! Pretty scenes from your vacation! Thanks for sharing! Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful collage of rural scenes, Cathy. I invite you to link up your barn scenes at:
    http://backroadstraveller.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-barn-collective_16.html
    Thanks Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a beautiful mosaic, and in my favourite colours of green :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice mosaice, loved the corn field. - It is good to be thankful to all those involved in helping us to get our food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In our rural area signs reading 'Farmers Feed Cities' can be found in many places and I'm thankful as well for them and the others that get food to our tables.
    Thank you for linking to Mosaic Monday Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful sentiment. We should all take your words at heart and thank the workers.
    And your collage? Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful thought. Thank you Cathy for reminding us of all the important people in our lives.

    God bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos! Great sayings (Love the Irish!) Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes we should always remember the toil that went into the producing our food. Great collage

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, Cathy.
    Thanks for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/08/double-play-on-way.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. So true, Cathy, that we all have many people to thank for the food we eat! I'm glad you had a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos and a good reminder to be thankful.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.