Friday, March 17, 2017

The Road Less Traveled


HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY



“May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks.
 May your heart be as light as a song.
 May each day bring you bright, happy hours.
That stay with you all the year long.”


Took a walk the other day when the weather was unseasonably warm, and reveled in the glory of  God's creation.  I didn't see any snakes, deer, little foxes.  There were no croaking frogs or chirping locust.  Yet in all the silence I heard and felt the "breath of God!"  I was not alone.  Maybe I realized this more that day because I had no time constraints and no particular place to be, but it was a joyful moment on this "road less traveled" with a beloved companion.

~~~~~~

Though the road be long
And the journey's end unknown
Steadfastly go on

Revel in  the breeze
With your silent companion
Experience hope

~~^j^~~

Cathy



Please visit Rebecca at recuerda mi corazon for Haiku My Heart. There is always more beautiful words  there to enchant and encourage!!! 

9 comments:

  1. Lovely photo, haiku and post ~ Happy St Paddy's Day to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. your thoughts are very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Cathy. And thank you for stopping in and leaving such a nice note. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy St. Patrick's Day Cathy! And thank you for this lovely post, the quiet, and these heart-felt blessings. 🍀

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am grateful for my silent companion, and I'm sure you are too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was exceptional. I enjoyed it very much.

    Happy St. Paddy's Day

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed this post and your photo. Looks like a lovely walk and I would have also enjoyed the silence (and happy not to see any snakes.) Hope you're having a nice weekend,

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome here.