Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My Dear Friend Is At Peace.

Margaret Stepenson Wallace
September 21, 1931-April 6, 2007

Last night we shared in Margaret memorial service. There was singing and family tales and beautiful scripture readings. I particularly enjoyed "Swing \Low Sweet Chariot." Today though was her final farewell. The funeral Mass was really beautiful. I am reminded of the Lady and Gentleman who first asked Ron and me to help with the Couple's Night Out by helping to serve the dinner. Then followed the Christ Child Ball for the Right to Life. The weekends we work at Mother Teresa's. The week we spent on the road with Margaret and Bill to and from Quebec...Laugh and then laugh so hard you cried. My goodness how I will miss her...especially on those Tuesday nights when we gathered to pray and share our week's experiences in our attempt to be faithful followers of Christ. She is an example to me, much as my mother is, a model of perseverance and faith. Thank you, Margaret!

~~~~~
Thanks be to God!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am sorry to hear this. Goodbye, Margaret. What a lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for you sharing...she was a lovel lady

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.