Wednesday, June 10, 2009

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!


What happens when you open you cellular phone bill and see a $4000.00 bill? No, not $40.00 or $400.00 bill but $4000.00. Well, today I opened our bill and saw just that. Now I know what it's like to have a PANIC ATTACK! You hyperventilate, sweat, your heart races and then you look at the clock to see what time it is...Still have time to get to the ~~~~~Store.

Warren, the manager, held HIS chest when he saw it! Then immediately got on the phone to speak to Corporate. Yes, I had been fraudulently charged for 7, yes 7, $600.00 phones. And from where, you may ask, were these phones purchased? Phoenix, AZ. I live in IN!

The company was very generous and kind. Calmed all my fears and will be investigating. Whe asked how often they had to investigate such things the young man simply said, "I have job security." How very sad! Not that he has job security...that there are that many dishonest people in the world.

This indeed was an eye-opening experience. And though I am laughing now, all I can say is,
"THANKS BE TO GOD!!!"






Picture by Mobigates

9 comments:

  1. Well, thank goodness that 'All's well that ends well', but I'm sorry that had to happen to you and that you had to go through that bother.
    It's really frightening to think how vulnerable we all are to this type of theft.
    Best of Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! I would have fainted right then! I'm glad your carrier didn't give you the runaround. Hope things settle quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few years ago there was a charge on my MasterCard for $1200. It wasn't my charge and I remember being numb for a moment, I immediately called MC and they removed the charge right then, on the phone. I live in AB. Canada and had used my card that same day as the $1200 charge was made in Indiana, US...Guess what that charge was for....it had been made over the phone to a newspaper placing an ad "to help people with their finances" I often wondered how many people called this guy and paid him money to help them..So sad really but thankfully it didn't cost me anything.
    Have a great day my friend...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess you don't need a check up on the treadmill for your heart if you made it through that trauma!!

    As you said, it's so sad that people do these things...more cause for prayer!

    blessings and hugs,

    marcy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I'd fall out of my chair if I saw that. Glad there was a quick resolution. Love your new design btw.

    Have a nice day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some bad guys cloned my phone and charged over 4,000 bucks.
    The phone company was nice to me as well.
    Glad you solved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes. You had me hyperventilating, too!

    But can a phone really cost $600? That must be some phone!

    Thank goodness everything was resolved . . . now you have a great story for parties!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh glory be. I think I would have fainted too. Fortunately we haven't had any huge big bills that were fraudulent.

    I am glad it was soughted so quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.