Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Getting Reacquainted

My first harp. A humorous story for
another day!


Recently, I became reacquainted with my friend, Harp. Today we begin a new journey. It's one that is filled with fear and trepidation. "What can this be?" you might ask. Well, I have been away from Harp and have only just picked her up again. Yes, tuned her and plucked her. But for the persistence of a friend, that may have been all I would have done. Cyndi is a gifted and talented harpist. She is also a music therapist at Saint Mary's Medical Center here.

Every other Tuesday a group meets at the hospital on 6 South and plays in the waiting room. Well, dear friend, today I am going to join them...my skill is lacking and there is much to be said for my talent, but for some reason I am being called to join this group. Think of me at 5:00 this afternoon. Please pray the angels will be conducting and doing the editing...

~~^j^~~
Thanks be to God!!!


Oh, before I forget Carol at My Painting Room is having an anniversary give away. It has been a year since she began blogging. Stop by and visit! She has a delightful blog.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting my button & good wishes on your return to the harp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 INSTRUMENTS THAT ALWAYS CAPTIVATED ME...THE HARP,THE FLUTE AND THE MANDOLIN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, when my dad was critically ill, a harpist who volunteered came by his room a few times. I swear it was, in part, his utter rapture at hearing the music that led to his recovery.

    God bless you and all the volunteers who share the gift of music with those in hospitals and nursing homes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! I know you will do fine. What a beautiful instrument to know how to play.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes. I'm sure you'll be great.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love harps! The look of them! The music of them! Such a pretty, soulful sound!
    On a rare occasion we will have the pleasure of a harpist at Mass and it makes it that much more special.
    I'm so glad you took it up again. Your harp is beautiful to look at, and I'm sure it's more beautiful to listen to you play!

    'Hope all went well! Please post about it!
    All the best to you,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great, Mrs. Cathy! :D
    During the weekend that Father Damien was canonized, a lady played the harp before Mass at our parish. (She looked a bit like you!) It was so beautiful, and CT got to play the violin along with her.
    I'd really love to hear you play someday!
    I hope all went well,
    Cy ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Looking forward to hearing some!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i so wish i could hear you play!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blessings to you, Cathy, for bringing your music therapy to the local hospital - I have some things I'd like to share about this subject and will do so in the near future, I hope, and will link to your post. Thank you for sharing your gifts like this - I'd love to see this spreading to hospitals and care-facilities everywhere!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.