Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Seven Random Things About Me!


Eileen at Eileen on Him...at least, I try! asked me before Easter to do this and I postponed it until now. I know there are those out there who have been just holding your breath to acquire this information about me. First I must say thank you to Eileen for tagging me...Now I must THINK (not an easy task some days) of seven things you absolutely must know about me.

First, here's the list of rules....

1. When tagged place the name and URL on your blog.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write 7 non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Name 7 of your favorite blogs.
5. Send an email/comment on their blog letting them know they have been tagged.

Well, here goes...

1. When I was a freshman in high school I was playing softball with some classmates. I was tall and "skinny"--at the time--I'm still tall, but "skinny" has been gone for some time--At any rate, I hit a home run. The supervising teacher yelled, "Splinters, I didn't think you had it in you!!" Thus, the nickname.

2. I have five children, two girls and three boys. The girls are the oldest and the youngest with the boys sandwiched in between (the meat between the delicate bread).

3. God planned the family that way...He knew I would need at least 10 years between the girls in order to plan the weddings. He did such a good job that the youngest is still a maiden and her sister is now married 16 years. (but I see a wedding in the future...)

4. None of the children wanted to go into nursing. They were most adamant. Just didn't want to work in the medical profession...like there mother. So, Wes is an athletic trainer who works for orthopedic physicians and is a trainer and cast tech. Marianne works for Eli Lilly as a study coordinator working with physicians on a regular basis...Yep, and I'm still working as a nurse.

5. I love to travel. And though our trip to Ireland has been put on hold until next summer (we WILL be going) we plan trips to Montana and New Mexico this summer, all family related! Yeah!!

6. I love to knit and crochet. I'm working on the baby afghan for David and Kelly's new arrival in August. She will be my 4th granddaughter.

7. Finally, I really, really like the West Wing and think Martin Sheen should run for President!!!

Since I realize that nearly everyone who is reading this will have already done this MEME, I will invite those who are new to my blog to pick this up and run with it...It was great fun and hope if you do you will let me know so I can read yours.

~~~+~~~

Thanks be to God!

7 comments:

  1. Fun facts! I love God's plan of giving you ten years between your daughters for the purpose of planning those weddings!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to know a bit more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did this meme the other day! I enjoyed reading more about you. I never saw the West Wing, but will have to watch it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for stopping by...I do so enjoy your visits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute analogy about the sandwich with the boys in the middle :0)

    I wish I could go to Ireland!
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to see finished afghan! I enjoy seeing others' handcrafted work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these tidbits! I've never seen West Wing, but have always loved Martin Sheen. I envy you your girls' spacing, though. I've got four right in a row... Yikes! Maybe they'll join the convent?

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.