Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Week Ends...

with a most wonderful surprise!!!


Let the same mind be in you that was in
Christ Jesus,
who, though he was in the form of God,
did not regard equality with God
as something to be exploited,
but emptied himself,
taking the form of a slave,
being born in human likeness.
And being found in human form,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to the point of death
even death on a cross.
~Philippians 2:5-8~

Today, what a surprise and blessing for Ron and me. Shannon is state-side to renew her visa so that she can continue her work in China. We really didn't think we would have a chance to visit with her as her visit here is very short. But, you know, I believe in miracles...Meeting her and her mother, Colleen, in the parking lot at Schnucks was absolutely that for me. Like a child at Christmas surprised by the wonder of the gifts, so was I at seeing her. I could only greet her with hugs and joy!!!

Shannon has a most infectious smile that lifts your spirits. She emanates love, compassion and grace. And when she speaks of the children she cares for, one can only believe that the love they are given is tender and warm. There is a sincere desire in her to do the will of God where she is and that is caring for these children who are at risk.

My dear friends, my hope is that you have model of Christ, like Shannon, who can motivate you to submit your will to the will of God, through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Today I feel rejuvenated. And since the beginning of this week, there have been many moments in which I have felt the presence of Christ. Now, it seems He is calling me to serve, perhaps in ways I have not served before. Please pray I will hear the call as his will, and not MY egos will to serve.

+++

For all his gifts to me, I say,
"Thanks be to God"



4 comments:

  1. Yes Cathy, I will pray. Just prior to visiting you here I was over at Veritas' site and I was reminded of my own prayers regarding God's desire for me to serve in the body of Christ. This Fall, I have an opportunity to enter into a 2-year spiritual formation/direction program at a monastery here in my community. Since last summer I've had a handful of people comment in unsolicited moments that I should come along side my sisters in Christ as a spiritual director. I am still praying and ask you to join me as the Lord brings me to your rememberance. He will tell you how to pray should you find yourself lifting me up! :) Thank you, Cathy! Bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will pray as you begin a jouney in spiritual direction. you will no doubt be a gift to those who enter your direction...God Bless and keep you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very happy to meet you Cathy. I am starting to read your blog and I already found a special universe of faith and sensibility. I'll be back .
    Sma

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great, Cathy, that you got a chance to meet Shannon who truly has answered God's call to bring His love to these little ones who are so frail and in need of loving care.
    I'll be praying for you and aselah that you each will find the direction in which God is willing you to go whether it be just now, or in the near future.
    There is always a joyful tone to your posts here and it 's infectious!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.