Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Public Apology...

This morning because of irresponsibility I left a lector to read without letting him know I would not be there. Why? Simple. I didn't check the schedule. In all my ramblings the last two days, about how I feel the "call", I think I got a simple but BOLD answer from Our Lord. "Cathy, do what I have called you to do already. "

This is most humbling, for even as I write this, Bernie is doing both readings this morning. And it's not because he cannot do them that I bear this humiliation. It's because I was not responsible. It's because I left him wondering without the courtesy of a call or explanation. Yes, this has happened to me on more than one occasion by others, but that doesn't excuse my lack of integrity or even simply LOOKING at the ministers schedule last night...So, God has said to me in a way most revealing today, "Cathy, if I want you to enter into another "Place" I will call you in MY good time."

And so I say, "Bernie, I am sorry for leaving you to take the responsibilities as lector without the courtesies that this position implies." Now, to phone Bernie and apologize to him.

***+***

To Ron, who called this to my attention,
Thank you and thanks be to God!

8 comments:

  1. Aaaw, I know how you feel. Being the responsible person that you are, you must have felt awful after realising what happened.

    As a child, the nuns of the Catholic school I went to would assign me to be the lector at one of the masses on Sundays or Fridays. I enjoyed it!

    Thanks for visiting Norwich Daily Photo and leaving your comments. Have a great week ahead!


    joy
    A Pinay In England
    Your Love Coach
    I, Woman

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're beautiful in your honest confession, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww,I've had similar experiences. I've forgotten so many things that I had signed up for. And I usually didn't remember until the next day. God bless you,Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW I like those stories, I mean @ least I'm not the only one to forget important things...
    God bless you!
    Ciao from Kazakhstan
    freddie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your support and understanding...The day got better as it went on!! Thanks be to God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is nothing like a dose of honesty and humiliation to hear God's call and Holy will better. This happens to me everytime I take on too many tasks. Thanks for sharing this with us. It is so good to hear how all of us are human, and even though some blogs look like they are "perfect" they are human too ;)
    I too like to post the good, the bad and the ugly parts of my life. (this is why I was brave enough to post piles of laundry one day...lol)

    This post reminded me that I have forgotten to start our School day with our morning prayers and the Mass Readings, which I have forgotten to do this last week or so. This IS the most important part of our day, and I clutter it up so much that it got pushed out. Shame on me! I am starting fresh today :)

    God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. God bless you, Cathy. I feel your pain. I think we all "slip" sometimes. But, that it bothers you so much shows what kind of person you are. Faithful. Sincere. Human. And such a good example to another struggling human over here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could not have asked for more understanding than I got from Bernie when I called. It eased by soul as you have all done!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.