Saturday, January 10, 2009

The "G" Challenge

Well it happened. Laura at Catholic Teachers Musing challeneged me to list 10 words using the letter G in honor of GrandmaK. I'm supposing that's one G I can't use. To begin:

Gauntlet
It's been thrown down and now I must accept the challenge. (At least there was no "double-dog-dare!)

God
The one and only, three in one Triune God. The essence of life.

Grandchildren
Being a grandmother is a badge of honor. I wear it with pride. It's also a continuation of this fabulous gene pool.

Gladiolas
A gorgeous flower with strong stems and beautifully fragile flowers.

Grace
This means many things to me. Prayers before and after meals. Gratitude for so many gifts. It is the way one carries herself with dignity.

"Good Grief!"
My favorite comic strip is Peanuts and Charlie Brown my favorite example of humility.

Glorious
Sunrises, sunsets, days, nights, and life.

Grand Canyon
One of God's greatest works of art. You cannot explain the grandeur (bonus G-word) unless you've stood and taken in the beauty.

Green
How can it be anything but my favorite color? Is there any other color if you family roots go all the way back to the Emerald Isle?

Great day...
it is and you all have one, too!

**
*****
***
=
~~~~~

Thank you Laura
and
Thanks be to God

11 comments:

  1. Now, for your next challenge, you must use them all in one sentence. :) Godspeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! That's my G word for you.
    I think Gabrielle is right.
    We should use them all in a sentence.
    Maybe another time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your G list, Cathy! My faves are God and grace. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat!! I love your G list!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a marvelous way to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really was a cool meme. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this meme. *smile*

    I agree with many of your answers.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.