Friday, October 30, 2009

Gorgeous Blogger Award

Yesterday Therese of Aussie Coffee Shop gave me this award. Isn't cute? So to here I say, "Thank you very much!" And now I will continue.

Here are the rules:

By accepting this award I am required to tell you six things about myself that you don't know and then award it to six other gorgeous bloggers.

1) I have 5 children (I know you know that) born in 4 states, Colorado, California, Oklahoma ("where the wind comes sweeping down the plain) and Indiana.

2) I received my degree in Gerontology at St. Mary-of-the-Woods College at the age of 48.

3) I need to tune my harp and practice...It's getting close to the Christmas Season and even though I am NOT very good at playing, I really should try.

4) I am hoping to go on retreat to St. Meinrad early next year. It is so invigorating.

5) I wish I had a professional camera...probably not a good idea though. I'd probably not understand how to use all the gadgets!

6) Wish I could dance...but the klutz that I am enables me to stumble, fumble and generally look as "graceless" as you can imagine.

Now 6 bloggers to pass this award onto:

In Him I Live and Move and Have My Being

RoyalTLady

On My Own

The Dutchess

Made for Joy

Mrs. Pogle's World

And three for good measure

Blessings Each Day

Are We There Yet

A Journey Through His Garden

Wishing all a grand day! Will be off to INDY for Halloween with the Grand Kids and a Happy All Hallow's Eve to you. Can hardly wait! [Will be staying home...I have a cold! DRAT! That's why I'm soooo blue!]

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

10 comments:

  1. Enjoy Halloween with the grandkids. I can appreciate your camera comment! I really enjoy seeing others great photos and wonder if I can be any good at taking pictures...or like you, figuring out all the gadgets!!! Hard to blame all my bad pictures on my point & shoot camera though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm sorry you're feeling under the weather!
    I hope you feel better soon.
    Such a disappointment! Sorry about that.

    It was nice to learn more about you! Five kids in four states! I have five too, all but one were born in New York (one in Minnesota).
    And good for you getting your degree at 48, and playing the harp! I didn't know those things about you.
    And I'm bad with the camera (and all kinds of other gadgets) and with dancing too, so I can well relate!

    Congratulations on your Award! Enjoy!
    And feel better!
    Love and Prayers,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cath,

    Congratulations on your award and Thanks for giving me this great surprise. But most of all thank you for remembering ME...

    Wow! Your children have conquered four states? I only have two daughters born in England while the other two in Malaysia. But we have quite interesting family tree branching from Southern Thailand in the north, probably Yunan in China, most certainly the Gujeratis in India...and also the Bugis from Indonesia. That give out different skin colors in one family, different looks in another and of course varied "strong" characters.

    To tell you the truth, I still enjoy receiving awards... Thanks Cath.

    But the hardest part after wards is to choose the next recipient from all the good friends we have around the blog land.

    Anyway, I shall try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not know you have five children born in four states; or, that you received your degree at age 48 (awesome), or that you play the harp! WOW on all!

    I am so sorry that you are not feeling well, Cathy. I will lift up my prayers for your speedy recovery.

    Have a blessed weekend!
    Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading new things about you, you are amazing to get your degree at 48...Love it!
    Congratulations on your award and feel better real soon....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to hear you play the harp-such a beautiful instrument! My husband has told me that when he dies, he wants a harpist to play Take Me Out to the Ballgame at his funeral!

    Hope you start feeling better, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Cathy! I'm honored to be in your company!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As God made them He matched them. Sounds like I've found a dancing partner at last - but you could never match me on the gracelessness!

    Hope you have a great time away, Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! I have posted it on my blog :¬)

    ReplyDelete
  10. so how'd you manage to move around so much with all those kids??

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.