My friend, Esther, at Catholic Mom in Hawaii has generously gifted me with this award. I have found awards like this one causes me to reflect on who I am and that's a good thing. So here's what I must do. I am to share 7 things about myself. ant thin I must honor 5 other bloggers. Again thank you Esther for thinking of me.
1. I really wish I lived where the summer humidity is low. This last summer here in Indiana was just miserable. Some days the humidity was 90% and the temperature was in the 90's. Oh, that trip to Montana and Colorado was a real blessing!
2. I enjoy knitting and needle work, but sometimes there is just not enough time in the day.
3. I enjoy listening to Old Time radio programs. My XM radio is a treasure. I remember listening to the radio before we got the TV. And even after that if there was a radio program the Folks enjoyed listening to the TV was not turned on. We didn't have a radio or TV in every room of the house so the living room was the place to be.
4. I love being a grandmother, but if you read my blog you already know that, huh?
5. I've been married for 43+ years and find my best friend and I still enjoy doing all sorts of things together, especially traveling.
6. I graduated from college at 48 with a degree in gerontology. To which my afore mentioned BEST FRIEND said, "You'll be in the forefront of your field."
7. Finally, I feel myself blessed to have learned a long time ago that the grass is not always greener on the other side, and have tried to Bloom Where I've Been Planted.
Thanks be to God!!!
Five of my favorite places to visit are listed below and I offer them this award in thanksgiving, but oh there are so many more I enjoy!!!!
Time for Reflections
Jackie's Life in Surrey
St. Nicholas and Christmas-all year long
Are We There Yet?