Monday, September 10, 2007

As luck would have it...

Friday noc as we were traveling to INDY my Camry stopped running. Yep, on I-70 at 9:00 p.m. with a puff of smoke and a head of steam we came to a stop along the side of the highway. I have to boast a little about our insurance company, USAA. They were right on top of it. We had a tow truck there in about 45 minutes and Wes picked us up at Ron's (AAA-rated) Repair shop. Of course, the shop was not open on Saturday so we rented a car to get home. It's not my Camry, but it did get us home.

Well, Ron spoke to someone at Ron's and he told Ron that the water pump went our and so the engine had to be replaced. So, the Camry is getting a new engine and I am going to have to do some savings adjustments as we will be dipping into our "Ireland Trip" fund to pay for it. But, the good news is that the engine comes with a 100,000 miles warranty. We have gotten such good results from the shops we have had USAA refer us to that I feel certain that this one is no different. I'd like to say we were in good hands with USAA.

GOD is GOOD...all the time. And you can call it the "luck of the Irish" if you like.

~~~~~~~

Thanks be to God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.