Monday, May 19, 2008

Simple Woman's Day Book

This looked interesting from The Simple Woman. It's called The Simple Woman's Daybook. It has been interesting to read other's thoughts and dreams and so I thought I would give it a try. So if you are interested in giving it a try visit that address above.
~^j^~

FOR TODAY May 19, 2008...
Outside My Window...The light breeze blows through the trees in the neighborhood.
I am thinking...I wish we weren't so busy today. I could spend time in the garden.
I am thankful for...friends who share their dreams with me.
From the kitchen...I'm considering what to do this week for meals. A busy week it is. Tonight will be left overs, tomorrow dinner out with my Cursillo group. Perhaps Brunswick stew in the Crockpot for Wednesday as it is Kellie's 8th grade graduation and we will be scurrying hither and yon to get ready. MMMM leftover Brunswick stew Thursday (even better then) and out to dinner and graduation parties all weekend to come.
I am wearing...my uniform for work.
I am creating...still the baby afghan for "little miss muffett."
I am going...come home from work this afternoon and start potting my outdoor petunias.
I am reading...2 Chronicles, which is a real challenge, Buckingham Palace Gardens, a mystery by Diane Perry.
I am hoping...to start a Philadelphia Catholic in King James Court, by Martin De Porres Kennedy
I am hearing...silence.
Around the house...the cat is curled up on the blanket in the back bedroom, Duke and Duchess are napping.
One of my favorite things...listening to old radio programs.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Meet with Father Gene for Spiritual Direction, and work with a friend on planning some changes in our gardens.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Mary Engelbrecht

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*

God Bless you today
and
Thanks be to God!

14 comments:

  1. It's nice to take a peek into your life, Cathy. And what a full one you have! I like how the natural and relationships are woven throughout. How blessed you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting.....Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these things! It really feels like popping around for a chat at a friends house.
    You'll have to post a picture of the little afghan when it's finished. What a lucky little miss muffet!
    God Bless
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're in for a very busy time Cathy, so best to enjoy that sound of silence while it lasts!
    Enjoy the post grad celebrations, God bless and good night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed, it is a wonderful way to visit. It is also a reminder of things I forgot to put on the list...Like tomorrow is Dr. Kris' Birthday (the one I assist) and I still need to bake the cake. Soooo when I close here I will be got upstairs to the kitchen to begin...Have a grand evening all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. may his peace overcome you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love old radio programs, too. Had a treat the other day stumbling across an old Burns and Allen. They are still so funny today! Blessings during your busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, Lisa,I have an XM radio and can listen to really good music, et. al. It/s great for travel too because you don't have to search for radio stations every time you leave a stations range...I'm really spoiled when we travel by Auto...Good Evening!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Cathy!! I really love the St Teresa of Avila prayer at the top - she doesn't beat about the bush, does she?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ann, she does not...I could only be as assertive as she. As a matter of fact that was the discussion at my spiritual direction today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed reading your Daybook and I hope you are having a great week! I love Mary Engelbreit!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome,Kelli, and feel free to visit any time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like a very interesting book indeed! I wonder what they mean by 'simple'...

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.