Thursday, February 26, 2009

Quiet


Today I was off work. Usually I'm off Wednesday afternoon anyway but I was caught up at work and chose to take it off. Haven't had an Ash Wednesday off in about10 years and found it the most wonderful day I have had in some time.

It was QUIET. I said my morning prayers in QUIET. Reflected at leisure in QUIET. Did my Bible Study in QUIET. Took Duchess out side and SHE was QUIET (usually barking at someone or something). God had gifted me with a real QUIET that I had not experienced in some time. It was refreshing, inspiring, and hard to relinquish.

Then it was time to offer my Mass and receive the Ashes in the evening. It is wonderful to look back on the day and see how I had been prepared for the glory of the evening.

+
~+++~
+

Thanks be to God!

8 comments:

  1. Oh.
    I love quiet so much that I crave it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. quiet is good but silence is heart breaking when you are thirsty for God's voice - yet, it is in that quiet and silence that we stretch to hear His whispered response to our longing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always find the little things in life are the greatest gifts..so nice you had this lovely quiet day :)
    Thank you for your visits to my blog...its so good to "see" you and hear your comments! I do hear "voices" you know when I read comments..:)))
    Today there was a gostly post..indeed The ghost and Mrs Muir!
    When you click on the red ghost word on the bottom of the post you go to a place where you can watch the whole movie..I just love old movies like that..Have a happy day!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful and blessed Ash Wednesday for you! You have a special, "quiet" way that you inspire me and so many others. I love reading your blog.

    Abbey :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate quiet times now too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you just love days like that:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes it is nice just to have some quite me time during the week. Everything is different during the week it's like playing hookie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it wonderful when you have quiet days? I love quiet...I know many hate the quiet but I get tired and run out if there is too much noise going on.

    Glad you had a wonderfully quiet and reflective day.

    Peace, JOY & Love to you Cathy:)

    Marie xoxooxox

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.