Monday, March 09, 2009

The Simple Women's Daybook

It's been so long since I've done this I"m not sure how this will turn out...It requires some thought and reflection on what my week may be. so to begin.

After you visit here please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman and journey along the path of life we all share.

1. Outside my window...it's dark again. Last week the sun was rising, but today its will be coming up as I start for work.

2. I'm thinking...this week should be less demanding as I have fewer meeting to attend and less projects that require immediate attention.

3. I'm thankful for...having spent quality time with David and the rest of the Charlotte Kellers via the webcam. It's finally up and running again.

4. I'm wearing... robe and slippers.

5. From the Kitchen...Will come Tuna Helper, green beans and fruit for desert. Lent is a good time for reflecting on being satisfied. I need to remind myself the being full is not comfortable, but being satisfied is.

6. I am creating...the work of counted x-stitch Laura gave me to make for her birthday 3 yrs ago. I'm embarrassed! I think it's one I would not have chosen and it's hard to finish...But her birthday is in May and I am determined to finish it!

7. I am reading...Mother Theodore Guerin A Women for All Time by Penny Blaker Mitchell

8 . I'm hoping...we will have the opportunity to travel to INDY to see our granddaughter Kellie perform with her Winter Guard Unit from Memorial High School.

9. I am hearing...Duchess snoring. She is asleep on the floor next to my feet.

10. Around the house...It's decorated for St. Patrick's Day. Sure and won't that be a grand time.

11. Few plans for the rest of the week...Grouping with my Cursillo friends, baking some MORE Irish Soda Bread, preparing to spend time with family this weekend.

12. One of my favorite things is...Watching old Charlie Chan movies. Had time to do that this last weekend as I worked on the x-stitch. It was most relaxing.

13. Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



The Hope of Spring.

+
~~+++~~
+

Thanks be to God!

7 comments:

  1. Ooooooo
    OOOoooo
    I love that picture! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you say Irish soda bread? I'm drooling here . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love the picture - of the flower and of you through the descriptions you shared from the "Women's Daybook" I've never had Irish soda bread - care to share a recipe here?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. Spring is coming indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the part about relaxing while watching Charlie Chan movies. You sound like a fun gal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the beautiful flower and for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.