Sunday, May 17, 2009

Five Minute Chocolate Cake!!!!




My friends Maggie and Karen both sent me this recipe. I haven't tried it yet but I intend to do so soon. Please give it a try.

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..

Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT ! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).




And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!



~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

12 comments:

  1. I have tried this with the children. They really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I saw this post title, I came right over.
    Excellent!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I avoid using the microwave, I will use this as inspiration for hot chocolate or making the chocolate frosted graham crackers...fortunately can be also accomplished super fast when in 'must-have-chocolate' mode.

    Thank you for sharing.

    blessings,
    marcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this idea!
    I am seriously addicted to chocolate, but I try not to keep it in the house, so if ever I am really in need of a 'fix' this recipe will do the trick!
    I think I'm off right this minute to try it!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd better not show this to my kids! They'd want it everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although I haven't made this cake my friend Wanda has made it for her granddaughter Alivia. It must be good as this is the second time I have read about it through my blogger friends. Think I will give it a go tomorrow.
    Have a wonderful day.....:) Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm staying on a bit longer as I am enjoying your music, especially Amazing Grace, thank you for sharing..:) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh, this looks like so much fun and sooo very yummy.. I'm gonna give it a try.. thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cathy! How have you been? I haven't seen you in a while. I hope that you are well. I love the quote up above. Listening is a skill we don't practice with each other or God! And what a recipe. I must try it. Come by some time. Anita

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, well. I think I may have to give this one a whirl when we are cooped up in an hotel in HI. FUN! Notihng speaks of home quite like chocolate!

    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Printing this out and trying it (maybe tonight!)

    Just what we all need - almost instant access to cake. /sarc

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tried this also - this was heaps of fun and tasted really good. I posted some details on my blog - check it out here: http://simplerthanyouthink.blogspot.com/2009/06/5-min-chocolate-mud-cake-in-cup.html

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.