Monday, December 07, 2009

Praise God!


There is never a time when praising God is not appropriate. At Mass yesterday I was touched by the reading from the Prophet Baruch. It suddenly stuck me how important it is to CELEBRATE, PRAISE GOD!

Jerusalem! take off your robe of mourning and misery; put on the splendor of glory from God forever; wrapped in the cloak of justice from God, bear on your head the mitre that displays the glory of the eternal name. For God will show all the earth your splendor; you will be named by God forever the peace of justice, the glory of God's worship. Baruch 5:1-9

It was one of those moments when, though I have heard this reading many time, I got it!!! "Cathy!!!" it said, "wake up!!! Joy is yours!" It filled me with satisfaction, again, knowing that God is with me! Alleluia!!!

Then, last night at the Christmas Concert at church given by John Angotti, he sang Mary Did You Know and again I took comfort and solace in knowing that the Mother of God didn't have to know all to say, "Yes." I don't have to know all either! I just have to love God and follow His son, Jesus. Yes, indeed I must LOVE God with all my heart, my soul and all my being. That alone is all important. And, yes, all will be taken care of!

Wishing you all a grand day!!! May God wrap you in his warm embrace and carry you on!

*
*~*
*~*~*
*~*~*~*
\_/
~~~~~
Thanks be to God!


7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this timely reminder. Much appreciated.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a comforting thought to know that Mary didn't know everything, but still had faith. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God has provided me with such joy which pulled me through many trials in my life...Faith is the most important thing in my life, without it I would be nothing.
    Have a great day Cathy...:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that song and Michael W. Smith also. I have thought many times how over 60 years I have hear the same readings at mass over and over and can almost quote them all by heart, and yes sometimes they just fly over my head and then again grace allows something to hit home.
    It takes a lifetime of living to learn a little bit. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. GrandmaK,

    Thank You for visiting my blog!! I encourage in Jesus. Delight yourself in Him and He will give you the desires of your heart.

    Hope you come back to visit. We Christians are always in need of uplifting and encouragement in this dark world.

    Bless you!!

    Free in Christ

    BTW: I enjoy the song also (Mary did you know)

    ReplyDelete
  6. At Mass celebrating the Immaculate Conception the priest also spoke about Mary's great Faith, and he said that while she had much sorrow to bear in life, she also had much joy, and the fact that she said yes to God with such blind Faith shows that she was no fragile, shrinking violet, she was a woman of quiet strength.

    I try to make it a way of life to Praise God during my times of celebration in much the same way that I make pleading requests of Him a way of life during times of stress.

    Great post.
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.