Monday, December 28, 2009

The Simple Women's Daybook


This was a grand weekend. We got to have two of the grandkids for the night while Mom and Dad went to their After Christmas Party. Then there was the quiet of a wonderful Sunday with just quiet and relaxation. It's hard to beat that! After you visit here please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman and journey along the path of life we all share.

~~Outside my window...it is dark and very COLD!!

~~I am thinking...how much fun it will be to surprise Rhonda for her birthday.

~~I am thankful for...family and friends who support and encourage me.

~~From the kitchen...leftover turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, and gravy.

~~I am wearing...red and white striped nightgown

~~I am creating...a lap afghan (knitting from one of Mom's patterns)

~~I am going...to Mass and pray for the Holy Innocents.

~~I am reading...Ringing in Murder by Kate Kingsbury (A Christmas Mystery)

~~I am hoping...the weather continues to be kind to us.

~~I am hearing...mostly quiet. It's 5:00 a.m. and I'm the only one up. Duchess is snoring at my feet.

~~Around the house...Christmas lights still brighten the darkness and the glow of the manger continues.

~~One of my favorite things...is watching old movies. I might just have a Charlie Chan Marathon. All are welcome!

~~A few plans for the rest of the week: 1) Finally working on the pictures taken on vacation this summer and putting them into a book. 2) Make sure the laundry is done. 3) Pack for visit to St. Louis and the celebration of Rhonda's 60th birthday. 4) Starting the New Year with no resolutions.

~~Here is picture thought I am sharing...
The Keller Chirstmas Tree, 2009

9 comments:

  1. If you could only see my laundry!! If you need some more let me know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, it is so relaxing to read your post. I love how grateful you are and find such beautiful blessings in everything....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a blessing!

    Love the harp in the back there. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home sounds so warm and inviting. I agree, it was very relaxing reading your post. Your Christmas tree is gorgeous ♥ Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!
    And I love your tree, and I love this new look on your blog too! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cathy,
    Hope you had a very blessed Christmas!
    We went to my son's and all 4 little ones were well, which is a small miracle. We stayed over.
    The next storm is supposed to be here Fri!
    Many blessings, health and happiness in 2010!
    Kathleen
    I always love when you visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had such a wonderful Christmas, Cathy. Your tree is beautiful! Have a happy and safe trip to St. Louis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. someone does great with garland!!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.