Wednesday, November 10, 2010

~Adventure Tour Express~And a Month of Thanksgiving~


“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~Wilfred Peterson


Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a picture collage

Just had to return here.  It was such a lovely place to visit, a grand place to stroll.  The Biltmore House, Ashville, NC.  It was built by George Washington Vanderbilt.  Richard Morris Hunt designed it.  And Frederick Law  Olmsted designed the gardens and landscape.

One can only imagine the revelry, gaiety, sorrow, unhappiness and joy that has visited this "house."  Because it is a reality check for me when I visit places like this.  Understanding that material wealth is not the answer allows me to focus on who I am, where I live and gratitude.  And I'm blooming where I am planted.

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God! 

Please join in the fun! Share an adventure and link it here!!! Wishing you a day full of grand adventures!!!






Branch Of Wisdom


Tamara at Branch of Wisdom is offering us the opportunity to daily give thanks for the gifts given us by God.   Please stop by her blog and read more about the specifics.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful place. I am like you when I go to places like this, I am humbly reminded of where I come from and what God expects of me.
    Have a wonderful blessed day.
    (((hugs))
    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote! And you are right, perspective is so important. To flourish where you are and where you are meant to be is to find true purpose.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful words for reflection for today. I have visited Biltmore and was overwhelmed. We returned the next day to tour the place again. It is a beautiful part of the country in North and South Carolina.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for yet another wonderful post.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.