Friday, November 12, 2010

~~Bad Haiku Friday and Haiku My Heart~~Month of Thanksgiving~~










The water is so clear
It sparkles and enchants us
It's a liquid gem



Jewels in the drops
Water is so full of life
It's to be treasured!

And so it is today that I give thanks of the God-given gift of water.  Often a blessing but at times the cause of unhappiness when there is too little or too much.  Consider today how precious water is and how it impacts your life every day.
~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

Please visit Laura at Catholic Teacher Musings the sponsor of Bad Haiku Friday.  Visit also Rebecca at recuerda mi corazon for Haiku My Heart.  Tamara at Branch of Wisdom  is hosting A Month of Thanksgiving and I'm sure you will find some delightful and wonderful words of wisdom, praise and gratitude.  And when you have finished  just have the most wonderful Fall weekend wherever you are!


Bad Haiku Friday

Haiku My Heart

Branch Of Wisdom


A Month of Thanksgiving

13 comments:

  1. This makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The water photo and your words make for a great, pardon the pun, reflection. Your posts are such a wonderful way to start the day. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your offering in so many ways. the visual is so alive in beauty and movement it sweeps me away. your words, such an honoring of something we too often take for granted.
    water.
    something we should each safeguard as the precious gift it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You, Cath! Love the addition of the sound of our precious gift !
    Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful haiku! Beautiful photos! Beautiful grateful prayer!
    Love and Prayers,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so funny --- I was trying to decide between the image and haiku I posted this morning (crows) or water trickling over a waterfall. If I'd chosen differently, we'd have a theme going. Nice haiku, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos of water falling over the rocks. It is fascinating and something to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Water is a treasure for sure! Your haiku expresses this so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed the haikus and enjoyed the pictures! Great post for the first rainy, non-warm day here; reminds me to be grateful for water! Sorry I haven't been around for a while... hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, Water is a precious gift, the look of it, the feel, the sound and our ability to drink it in when it is clean. I love your photos of waterfalls and your haikus. Thank you.
    xo,
    Noelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am thankful for water everyday, even though my house sometimes floods in a heavy downpour as the stream overflows, the last time it came in two foot!
    I am also thankful for this lovely group of poets such as you with your haiku and images.

    Have a refreshing weekend.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful words and pictures....

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.